The Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Scholarship in Science and Technology (QEII-GSST) program is designed to encourage excellence in graduate studies at the master and doctoral levels.
A QEII-GSST is awarded for one academic year, which may consist of one to three consecutive terms. The current value of the QEII-GSST is $5,000 per term. Thus, winners may receive a total of $10,000 for two consecutive terms or a total of $15,000 for three consecutive terms. It is most common for a student to receive $15,000 for three consecutive terms (one academic year). Two-year awards are not granted.
- You must have your complete application and all documents and references submitted online through the University of Toronto OGS application site by 4pm, Friday February 17th, 2017.
- We expect results will be announced the following May.
- For full eligibility rules, please visit the University of Toronto School of Graduate Studies Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Scholarships in Science and Technology website and read about the QEII-GSST program.
- This award is open to domestic students only (Canadian citizens or permanent residents).
- Awards in the Department of Civil Engineering are open to people intending to study in the MASc or PhD programs in the Department of Civil Engineering in the upcoming academic year.
- Awards in the Lassonde Institute of Mining are open to people intending to study in the MASc or PhD programs under the supervision of a member of the Lassonde Institute of Mining in the upcoming academic year.
- If entering the first or second year of graduate studies at the time of application, you must have an overall average of A- or equivalent in the last 20 one-term courses completed.
- If entering the third or higher years of graduate studies at the time of application, you must have an overall average of A- or equivalent in all graduate level courses completed.
How to Apply
- If you are affiliated with the Lassonde Institute of Mining, send an email to Teresa Miniaci and Michael Godwin letting them know that you are applying to the Lassonde Institute of Mining QEII-GSST awards in addition to QEII-GSST awards in your home department.
- Applications to the QEII-GSST awards are made through the OGS application system. If you have already applied for OGS, you do not need to do anything further and will be automatically considered for a QEII-GSST.
- Go to the University of Toronto School of Graduate Studies Ontario Graduate Scholarship website and fill out the online application.
- You may use ROSI printouts of your University of Toronto transcript for the purposes of this award.
- Make sure to upload all your documents and have your references complete their section by the due date. You will not be able to submit the form and make it visible to us to adjudicate unless it is complete by the due date.