Master of Applied Science
This program includes a foundation of five graduate courses along with a research thesis that is closely supervised by a professor. The program includes a guaranteed funding package for 24 months. Many projects involve industrial partnerships and networking opportunities, project management experience, and collaboration with leading experts. The MASc is an entry point to PhD programs, but also serves as an excellent standalone professional degree.
- Each student, in consultation with a staff member at the beginning of the program, will establish the distribution of time between coursework and thesis or design project.
- Coursework. Normally, students must complete a minimum of 2.5 full-course equivalents (FCEs) (five half courses).
- Research thesis.
- Students must participate in the non-credit seminar course JDE 1000H Ethics in Research during their first or second session of registration.
- In addition to the core research area, students have the option of completing an emphasis in Sustainable Energy as part of their degree program. Please see details in the Civil Engineering MASc, MEng, PhD Emphases section.
6 sessions full-time (typical registration sequence: F/W/S/F/W/S)
3 years full-time
The MASc is offered only on a full-time basis.
Students will typically take 24 months to complete the program.
Your MASc Journey
- Apply for Admission to the MASc Program
- Proposing Your Program of Study
- Adding Non-Engineering Courses to Your Program
- The MASc Thesis Presentation
- Submitting Your Final MASc Thesis
Fees and Funding
Funding packages for MASc start at $15,500 CAD per year plus tuition, and are increased depending on awards the student receives. Funding packages for Ph.D start at $17,000 CAD per year plus tuition, and are increased depending on awards the student receives. Please consult the chart here for 2017-2018 funding levels.
Students are responsible for paying their tuition from the total funding amounts listed . For tuition rates, please see the Student Accounts site.
September 2017 start: Apply by February 1.