Master of Engineering in Cities Engineering and Management
Cities are the economic engines of the world.
Over 50 per cent of the world’s population lives in cities; by 2050 66 per cent of the world's population is projected to be living in a major urban hub. The health and wealth of nations is dependent on how well these cities function.
Global urbanization, climate change, natural resources and sustainability are all factors urban centres must take into account while managing infrastructure and providing services for citizens.
Highly-skilled professionals, armed with both technical expertise and a fundamental understanding of the cross-disciplinary issues cities must tackle to ensure the well-being of their inhabitants and economies.
Graduates of the Masters of Engineering: Cities Engineering and Management (MEngCEM) program are well-placed to find jobs addressing the various issues and growing needs of urban centres.
Gain a comprehensive understanding of the interaction between the systems and services of a city and its ability to generate prosperity and wealth.
Improve specific analytic skills to assess the environmental, economic, political, and social risks which will impact policy regarding a city's critical infrastructure.
Develop specialized management skills and evidence-based techniques that can be applied to address the unique challenges inherent in cities around the world.
Fees and Funding
Students pay full tuition fees in the first year and one session of tuition fees in the second year, reflecting the 16-month program. The practicum component is paid opportunity which will help offset the total cost. The rates below are for 2017-2018 and are subject to change.
Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents
- Approximately $14,170 per year + $1520 incidental/student fees (full-time)
- Approximately $23, 662 total for program(estimated based on 2017-18 tuition and incidental fees)
- Please visit the Office of Student Accounts website for exact fee information, and for extended full time fees.
- Approximately $50,780 + $1520 incidental fees per year + health insurance (full-time)
- Approximately $79,700 total program+ health insurance (estimated based on 2017-18 tuition and incidental fees)
- Please visit the Office of Student Accounts website for exact fee information and extended full time fee information.
The MEngCEM professional graduate program is a self-funded program. Learn more about funding your degree.