- Geomechanical Mine Design
- Numerical Modeling
- Feasibility assessment of mining projects
- Application of geostatistical techniques in mine design and planning
- PhD Rock Engineering (2010), Laval University, Canada.
- MSc Mining Engineering (1999), University of Tehran, Iran
- BSc Mining Engineering (1997), Shahid Bahonar University of Kerman, Iran
Kamran has more than 8 years of experience in the mining industry and academia. He joined the Department of Civil Engineering and the Lassonde Mineral Engineering Program in February 2012 from Golder Associates-Montreal, where he was project manager or senior mine specialist for several geomechanical mine design and mine feasibility study projects in Canada, Africa and South America.
|Course Code||Title & Description||Instructor||Session||Location(s)||Day(s)||Start Time||End|
|CIV1499H-a LEC0101||Prof. Kamran Esmaeili||Winter 2017||LMB500||Mondays||15:00||18:00|
- Esmaieli K., Hadjigeorgiou J. and M. Grenon, 2012. Stability Analysis of the 19A ore pass at Brunswick Mine using a coupled numerical modelling approach. Submitted to Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering.
- Esmaieli K. and J. Hadjigeorgiou 2012. Influence of rock mass foliation on impact-induced damage of an ore pass wall. Submitted to CIM Bulletin.
- Esmaieli K. and J. Hadjigeorgiou, 2011. Selecting ore pass-finger raise configurations in underground mines. Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering. Doi:10.1007/s00603-010-0128-z.
- Esmaieli K., Hadjigeorgiou J. and M. Grenon, 2010. Estimating geometrical and mechanical REV, based on synthetic rock mass models at Brunswick Mine. Int. J. Rock Mech. Min. Sci. Doi:10.1016/j.ijrmms.2010.05.010.
- Hadjigeorgiou J., Esmaieli K. and M. Grenon, 2009. Stability Analysis of Vertical Excavations in Hard Rock by integrating a fracture system into a PFC model. Tunnel. Underg. Space Technol. Doi:10.1016/j.tust.2008.10.002.
- Hadjigeorgiou J., Esmaieli K. and R. Harrisson, 2008. Observations of Ore Pass System Performance at Brunswick Mine. CIM Bulletin, Vol. 3, No.5.
- Esmaieli K. 2012. The influence of underground voids on the stability of pit wall slopes - A probabilistic approach. 21st International Symposium on Mine Planning and Equipment Selection, MPES 2012, November 28‐30, 2012, New Dehli, India.
- Hadjigeorgiou J. and K. Esmaieli 2012. Issues of ore pass wear in underground mines. 21st International Symposium on Mine Planning and Equipment Selection, MPES 2012, November 28‐30, 2012, New Dehli, India.
- Esmaieli K. and J. Hadjigeorgiou, 2012. Influence of rock mass foliation on impact-induced damage of an ore pass wall. 21st Canadian Rock Mechanics Symposium, May 5-9, 2012, Edmonton, Canada.
- Esmaieli K. and J. Hadjigeorgiou, 2009. Investigations of finger configuration on degradation of ore pass walls. 3rd Canada-U.S. Rock Mechanics Symposium (Rock Engineering in Difficult Conditions), May 8-13, 2009, Toronto, ON, Canada.
- Esmaieli K., Hadjigeorgiou J. and M. Grenon, 2009. Investigating the influence of scale on rock mass strength using a synthetic rock mass model. International Conference on Rock Joints and Jointed Rock Masses, 4-11 January 2009, Tucson, AR, USA.
- Esmaieli K., Hadjigeorgiou J. Grenon M. and R. Harrison, 2008. Ore pass stability analysis at the Brunswick Mine using PFC3D.1st International FLAC/DEM Symposium on Numerical Modeling, 25-27 August 2008, Minneapolis, MN, USA.
- Hadjigeorgiou J., Esmaieli K. and R. Harrison, 2008. Observations of Ore Pass System Performance at Brunswick Mine.Maintenance Engineering/ Mine Operators (CIM-MEMO) Conference, 23-25 February 2008, Val d’Or, QC, Canada.
- Hadjigeorgiou J., Esmaieli K. and M. Grenon, 2007. Investigating raise stability using fracture system and particle flow tools. 1st Canada-US Rock Mechanics Symposium, 27-31 May 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada.