CIV498H1 – Capstone Group Design Project
- This course is instructed by faculty members and various industry experts in Building, Environmental, Geomechanics, Concrete Materials, Structural, and Transportation Engineering.
- The Group Design Project is a significant design experience that integrates the mathematics, basic sciences, engineering sciences, complementary studies, and detailed design aspects of the different civil engineering sub-disciplines.
- Students will complete one of the following projects:
Tutorial time: TUT0101 Monday 12 – 3 p.m. BA 2155
Tutorial time: TUT0102 Thursday 5 – 8 p.m. BA2179
Tutorial time: TUT0103 Tuesday 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. MB 500
Tutorial time: TUT0104 Tuesday 3 – 6 p.m. FG 77
Tutorial time: TUT0106 Thursday 6 – 9 p.m. MB 500
Tutorial time: TUT0107 Thursday 6 – 9 p.m. BA B026
Tutorial time: TUT0108 Tuesday 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. BA B026
Tutorial time: TUT0105 Thursday 2 – 5 p.m. BA2179
Tutorial time: TUT0105 Monday 5 – 8 p.m.
Tutorial times are subject to change.
Choose your design topic:
- During pre-registration, students are being asked to select only their top choice. We hope by requesting your capstone choice earlier that we can supply the correct amount of capstones for the choices.
Students should consider more than one design project area.
You are encouraged to view the materials supplied below as examples of projects assigned and completed in previous years as part of these sections.
The reason we request that you make more than one choice is that you may find you don’t get a spot in your number one choice.
Examples from Previous Project Sections:
- Note that the examples below are meant only to assist your choice of project scope and are not meant as examples of ideal, average, or poor submissions.