CIV498H1 – Group Design Project
- This course is instructed by faculty members and various industry experts in Building, Environmental, Geomechanics, Concrete Materials, Structural, and Transportation Engineering.
- The Group Design Project is a significant design experience that integrates the mathematics, basic sciences, engineering sciences, complementary studies, and detailed design aspects of the different civil engineering sub-disciplines.
- Students will complete one of 8 projects:
Light Rail Transit Tunnel Design
Tutorial time: TUT0102 Monday 5 – 8 p.m.
Global Sustainable Communities
Tutorial time: TUT0103 Tuesday 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Water Supply Design
Tutorial time: TUT0108 Tuesday 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Aging Concrete Infrastructure
Tutorial time: TUT0104 Tuesday 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Business and Operations Development
Tutorial time: TUT0105 Monday 5 – 8 p.m.
Design of Multi-modal Inter-regional Transportation Corridor
Tutorial time: TUT0107 Thursday 5 – 8 p.m.
Building Science (Sustainable building design and energy planning)
Tutorial time: TUT0101 Monday 5 – 8 p.m.
Design of Reinforced Concrete Bridges
Tutorial time: TUT0106 Thursday 5 – 8 p.m.
Tutorial times are subject to change.
Choose your design topic:
- Students should consider more than one design project area. You are encouraged to view the materials supplied below as examples of projects assigned and completed in previous years as part of these sections. The reason we request that you make more than one choice is that you may find you don’t get a spot in your number one choice.
Examples from Previous Project Sections:
- Note that the examples below are meant only to assist your choice of project scope and are not meant as examples of ideal, average, or poor submissions.
- Geomechanics – PDF Example 1 / Example 2 / Example 3 / Example 4
- Home Sweet Home Student Competition – PDF Example / Competition Website (NOT offered 2015/16)